Intro to Time
skip ahead toHow to start using the Time Application How to select between the Week and Day views How to select the reported period to display Rules and restrictions for the Time Application
How to start using the Time Application
On the main menu of the Home page, select the Time Icon .
How to select between the Week and Day views
By default, the Time Tracking page will be opened in Week view. To select between views, use the Day/Week switcher.
How to select the reported period to display
Click on the arrows on the right side of the current displayed period to select another period. By default, the current day/week is shown.
You can also use the calendar to choose a desired date. Select the calendar Icon and click on your choice of date.
Rules and restrictions for the Time Application
- The following rules apply to the Time fields.
- / – ; : can be used as separators.
- The maximum value for a day is 24 hours.
- Incorrect inputs clear the field.
- The minimum value that can be added is 1 minute.
- The maximum value that can be added is 24 hours.
- Values greater than 24 hours will be interpreted as 24 hours.
- Values between 1 and 59 will be interpreted as minutes.
- The values 60 and 99 will be interpreted as 1h and 1h39m.
- The values 123 and 1234 will be interpreted as 1h23m or 12h34m.
- The value 1:1 will be interpreted as 1h1m. And 1:61 as 2h01m.
- The values 1h and 30m will be interpreted as 1 hour and 30 minutes (but you cannot type both together, e.g., 1h30m).
- The value 0.1 will be interpreted as 6 minutes (0.2 as12m, 1.5 as 1h30m, 7.2 as 7h12min).
- The values 1.0 and 1,0 will be interpreted as 1 hour.
- The value :30 will be interpreted as 30 minutes.
- The values .5 and .25 will be interpreted as 30 minutes and 15 minutes.
- You cannot add reported time for future dates.
- You cannot add reported time for a task planned for future dates.
- You cannot add or edit reported time earlier than Monday of the previous week.
- You cannot add or edit reported time if the task has a Completed or Cancelled status.
- You cannot add or edit reported time on a completed assignment.