Resource Types and Rates
skip ahead toHow to create a new Resource Type How to edit a Resource Type How to delete a Resource Type
How to create a new Resource Type
Select the Company Settings/Resource Types and Rates link;
- Click on the Add Resource Types and Rates button;
- Enter the requested data into the fields for the new Resource Type;
- Click on the Save button.
All the fields for the creation of a new resource are required. You need to define the Resource type, the Billable rate (rate per hour), and select the Currency type from the dropdown menu. Standard user with rate “0” is the default type.
How to edit a Resource Type
You can edit any of the Resource Type fields:
- Select the resource type you wish to edit;
- Select the Edit icon and enter the desired new data into the corresponding fields;
- Click the Save button to save changes.
How to delete a Resource Type
To delete a Resource type:
- Select the resource type you wish to delete;
- Click the Delete icon that appears.
If any Human resource (user) is connected to a resource type, it cannot be deleted.
If no Human resource (user) is connected to a resource type, it will be deleted.
An error message will appear when you attempt to delete a resource type that is connected to a Human resource: “Resource type is assigned to human resource.”