skip ahead toEdit a Holidays policy Add a holiday to a Holidays policy Edit a holiday Delete a holiday Copy a list of holidays from a selected year Delete a Holidays policy
- Click on the Settings icon on the left-hand menu ;
- Select the Company Settings/Holiday policy link;
- Click on the Add Holidays Policy button;
- Fill in the two required fields: Holiday Policy Name and Country;
- Click on the Add button to create your policy.
Edit a Holidays policy
Each Holidays policy can be reviewed/edited/deleted from year to year.
Rename a Holidays policy
You can rename a Holidays policy on the Company Settings/Holiday policy page:
- Select the name of the Holidays policy you want to rename;
- Enter the new name for the Holidays policy;
- To apply your changes, click your cursor outside the field box.
Add a holiday to a Holidays policy
You can add a new holiday on the Company Settings/Holiday policy/Holiday policy name page:
- Select the Add holidays button;
- Fill in the required fields: Holiday name and Date;
- Click on the Add button.
To cancel the addition of a new holiday, click on the Cancel button.
Edit a holiday
You can edit a holiday on the Company Settings/Holiday policy/Holiday policy name page:
- Select the Holiday you want to edit;
- Edit the Holiday name and/or Date;
- Click on the Save button.
There are no editing restrictions for the holiday date. However, the system automatically checks for the same date holidays to avoid any duplicates.
Delete a holiday
You can delete a holiday from the Holiday policy for the selected year on the Company Settings/Holiday policy/Holiday policy name page:
- Choose a year in the Selected year field;
- Select the holiday row you wish to delete;
- Click the Delete icon, which appears once you select a row.
The holiday will be deleted for the selected year only.
Copy a list of holidays from a selected year
You can copy a list of holidays from any year to the current year on the Company Settings/Holiday policy/Holiday policy name page:
- Select a different year from the current one in the Selected year field;
- Click on Copy this list to [the current year] link.
All holiday data previously existing on the current year’s Holidays policy will be deleted and replaced by the selected year’s data. This feature is only available for copying to the current year. Holiday policies must be created for each new year, as they are not automatically renewed.
Delete a Holidays policy
You can delete a Holidays policy on the Company Settings/Holidays policy page by clicking the Delete icon next to the Holidays policy you wish to delete.
If the Holidays policy is chained to Location, it can’t be removed.